Do you know that waterproofing is very important for protecting your lovely homes or commercial roofs during hurricanes? So, the roofing works are essential to your house. Rodemeyer Roofing is here if you need to learn more about roofing systems. Waterproofing is necessary whether you’re building a new roof or repairing an existing one.
The solution you choose will determine the overall resistance and longevity of the roof. By selecting the best product and method of application, you can prevent the need for costly, time-consuming repair work in the future. Acrylic vs. polyurethane waterproofing provides excellent long-term protection; here, we will compare the two waterproofing for your roofing systems.
Acrylic waterproofing is created by applying liquid coatings, which are water-based, so they don’t have a smell upon application. They are easy to apply with a brush roller or spraying and are also very easy to clean. They are tested with good performance for long-lasting durability under extreme weather conditions. Our acrylic generation mixes acrylic resin, fillers, wetting agents, and plasticizers for flexibility. We use high-quality materials, and we keep in constant communication with our manufacturers concerning acrylic products.
Polyurethane waterproofing is a popular option for waterproofing applications because we can apply it relatively quickly and easily. Additionally, we use polyurethane waterproofing products during and after construction. A flat roof, terrace, or deck is constantly exposed to humidity, ultraviolet degradation, weathering, acid rain attack, mechanical wear, and ongoing movement stresses. Polyurethane Waterproofing is the answer to these problems.
There’s no exact answer to the waterproof roof material for the need of every roof. The critical response is the one that fits your needs and demands. Here are some benefits and drawbacks to aid in your decision-making.
To determine the better waterproof roof during a hurricane, we at Rodemeyer Roofing help you know the advantages of both. Here are some of the benefits of acrylic waterproofing;
Here at Rodemeyer Roofing, we will help you know the benefits and disadvantages of both Acrylic vs. polyurethane waterproofing so that you can determine the best. Some of the cons of Acrylic include the following;
· Acrylic waterproofing is less resistant when ponding water, and the coating can become brittle over time. But don’t worry; we provide roof repair for Lauderdale for acrylics roof at a cost-effective price. Visit Rodemeyer Roofing today for the best service!
· Acrylic waterproofing cannot be applied in low temperatures. Therefore, installing or installing leaky roof repair in your acrylic waterproof will not be suitable during a hurricane.
Given their characteristics, some building components, such as the roof, roofing, or foundation, are more vulnerable to outside influences and require waterproofing. Waterproofing materials made of polyurethane have several benefits and offer long-term protection. The benefits of waterproofing with polyurethane include the following:
· Fast and easy application features a seamless finish and can be applied to existing waterproof material.
· Offers durability – Polyurethane waterproofing can service you for more than 20 years of resistance to UV, water, weather conditions, and many chemicals.
Is it flawless? However, there are several drawbacks to utilizing this kind of waterproofing:
· Many producers of polyurethane waterproofing products advise using the substance on the surface in more than one layer. This can be challenging because more work is required, and the weather may only sometimes allow for waiting a few days before applying the second layer. Therefore, the first layer’s leftover moisture may cause bubbles to form between the layers.
· Climate has an impact on polymerization speed. The application should be restricted to a few months a year in severe hurricane circumstances and low-temperature settings where polymerization has been delayed. The quality of the material is directly influenced by the carefully chosen polyurethane system, which corresponds to subsequent use. We use high-quality materials at Rodemeyer Roofing and provide roof repair in Florida. Get in touch with us to learn more about waterproofing roofs.
Our waterproof roof application of liquid consists of five main steps, which we treat with utmost importance, following the product manufacturer’s instructions. The steps on how to waterproof a roof are as follows:
At Rodemeyer Roofing, we apply pressure washing to clean the substrate surface. This method aids in the removal of bond breakers. Furthermore, this will reveal details that require attention that may need to be apparent at first look.
We prepare the surface to improve the adhesion of the membrane. Additionally, preparation helps prevent bituminous oils from the previous roof from seeping through the waterproof coating. We also ensure that the surface is dry before application.
Our crew will only start applying the waterproof coating after meticulously attending to every last detail again. Pre-treated details include wall-to-floor type corners, interior and exterior corners, the ends of metal flashing, and penetrations made by pipes, vents, drains, etc.
We will then apply the type of waterproof that you will choose. Our team is highly skilled in this part, and we apply it in two successful layers. We make sure that we follow the manufacturer’s instructions and that everything will come out ideally.
This could involve covering the primer, doing a pull-out mock-up test, visually inspecting the detailed treatments, and reviewing the applied coating millage. Our team will also clean the place and leave it sparkling without any issues.
Rodemeyer Roofing is the right place for waterproofing service during hurricanes. We help you choose the best coating to serve you for an extended period. Get in touch with us for more information.
For more information and/or a complimentary roof evaluation, please complete the inquiry form below.